National Household Database (NHD) Project
Bangladesh government has been taken lot of initiatives to ensure faster and duplication/error free door to door support services for its citizen. Considering the different contextual aspects, government initiated 145+ multi care social safety net programs and different development project. For bringing 100%success of these initiatives, beneficiaries selection is vital. In this relation, Govt. has started a project named ‘National Household Database –NHD’ project; in earlier it is called Bangladesh Poverty Database- (BPD). The aim of the project is to develop a national population information bank which will include all households in Bangladesh. It will capture socio-economical and demographic information-data of the household members along with structure of the H/Hs residence, WASH facilities, Level of education of the H/Hs level family members, Profession of family earner and his or her spouses etc.
Photo Gallery of NHD Project
Objectives of the Project:
- To develop a detailed database for all the peoples’ of Bangladesh by collecting socio-economical data from the all H/Hs and H/Hs members level.
- By using Proxy Mean Test Formula (PMTF), necessary indicators, score will be developed which will indicate economical and social condition of the particular H/Hs.
- To simplify the selection process of beneficiary of social safetynet programs implemented by Govt. different Ministry/ line department.
- This database will support to make plan,policy formulation for developing living standard of the people.
- This database will provide information/data support to the different stakeholders, Academia, Statistics users.